Do you have blog ?Do you have a static website ?if yes .
then you need google analytics .This tool can do so many
things .Even if you just use it for the most basic of
information ,you can learn a lot about your website visitors
and traffic .
A quick glimpse at google analytics can tell you –
- How many people visit the website ?
- Where do the visitors live ?
- Is there a need for a mobile -friendly website?
- Which other website send traffic to the website ?
- Which marketing tactics drives the most traffic to the website?
- Which page on the website are the most popular ?
- How many visitors got converted into the leads or customers?
- How to improve the website’s speed?
- Which blog content the visitors like the most ?
- Which place do the converting visitors belong to and what did they visit on the website?
Let us now understand in detail how you can make use
Google Analytics .
Create a Google Analytics Account
First you need to have a google analytics account .If you
have a primary Google account that you use for other
services like gmal ,Google drive,Google calender ,Google
or youtube .then you should set up your Google analytics
using that google account otherwise create a new one .
- Once you have a google account ,you can go to google analytics by clicking the sign into google analytics button .
- After you click the sign up button ,you will need to fill out the information for your website .You can have up to 100 Google Analytics account under one google account.
- Once you’ve filled in the properties for your website .click the get tracking ID button Agree to the terms and conditon and you will get a google analytic code .This must be installed on every page on your website .The installation will depend on what type of website you have .
- After you install your tracking code on the website ,you will want to configure the goal setting .Goals will tell google analytics when something important has happened on your website .
- In google analytics ,click the new goal button .From there ,you will choose the custom option or template option .You can create up to 20 goal on your website .Be sure that the one you create are highly important to your business .This is the simplest of all conversion tracking in google analytics .
- If your want to add a new google analytics account .you can do so by going to your admin menu ,clicking the drop-down under the account column ,and clicking the create new account link ,once you’ve installed googel analytics on your website .Set up your goals and wait about 24 hours for it to start getting data .
How to use Google Analytics ?
Each time you login to google analytics .You will be taken to your audience overview report ,from where you can access one of more than 50 reports available In the report at the top-right cornor as shown in the above screenshot .you can click on the dates to change the date range of the data you are viewing .
- You can also check the compare box to compare your data from one date range to a previous date range to view your data .
- Benath the main metrics ,you will see reports that you can switch through to see the top ten language countries ,cities ,browser ,operating system ,services providers and screen resolutions of the visitors .
Make optimum use of google analytics
Using the endless tools available through g00gle analytics you can view various details .We have given here a few examples –
Audience -Demographic -Age
You can use Google analytics to find demographics details of the visitors to your site.
Audience -Geo- Location
you can find out where the traffic is coming from .it can either be global or local information
you can determine which channels your traffic is coming from
Behaviour -site content